First based in Singapore, Nam nam noodle bar is a vietnamese restaurant based on old-world recipes with a modern twist, the robustly flavoured dishes transport diners to the vibrant streets of Vietnam. Directed and owned by Chef Nam himself, Namnam currently had been known by their signature pho noodles.
Nam nam noodle bar has open since 2012 and until now they still proudly present their non MSG food in all the menus.
So what will we have here other than pho noodle? Let me introduce some of my favourite vietnamese dishes from nam nam noodle bar. Fyi, they have multiple outlets in Jakarta and all served Halal, except in Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK) outlet. So if you wat to indulge yourself for porky lunch, just simply visit Nam nam PIK.
Before the food came in, here’s “pho etiquette” by Nam nam :
- Choose from a variety of toppings like beef slices, tendon, meatballs, or a combination of all! A meatless option is available with leafy greens, tomatoes, mushrooms, and tofu.
- If you order additional toppings, begin by adding bean sprouts, fresh herbs (sweet basil and Vietnamese mint), and a little squeeze of lime. Push the garnish into the hot broth and gently mix with the noodles.
- With a spoon in one hand and chopsticks in the other, lift noodles and enjoy, alternatively slurping the broth. Dig into your pho while it’s piping hot, otherwise it will turn soggy and taste bland.
- Sriracha chili sauce and hoisin sauce are traditional condiments. Squeeze a little of each into a saucer. Mix both sauces together with your chopsticks.
- Dip beef slices or other meat toppings you have into the hoisin-sriracha sauce mixture.
- In Vietnam, it’s not considered rude to tip the bowl and slurp the broth. Go for it if you’re in the mood and savour every last drop!
(Source : Nam nam)
Now let’s move in to the food!
1. TRUFFLE PHO AUSTRALIAN WAGYU BEEF SLICES
2. TRUFFLE PHO KAMPONG CHICKEN SPECIAL
Since truffle been a thing lately, lots of food around involved with truffle. As long as its not too much, the truffle fragrant and food taste were good enough. Especially the Australian Wagyu Beef Pho.
3. Crispy soft shell crab with papaya salad
Refreshing papaya salad with soft shell crab. I like this one!
4. Chilli lemongrass chicken Banh mi
5. Shaking beef
6. banh Bao Buns with truffle and wagyu beef
7. Lemongrass ginger iced tea
Much big fan to lemongrass and this iced tea just a perfect choice for a refreshing drink to me. I ordered 2pcs of this and still feel not enough lol.
Address : Multiple outlets
Open : Daily : 10.00AM – 22.00PM
Instagram : @namnamnoodlebarid